What is Bitdefender?
Bitdefender is an antivirus software that protects your computer against malware such as viruses and Trojans. IT Freedom makes sure that Bitdefender is installed on every one of our customer's devices to keep them safe. If Bitdefender isn't installed on your computer please contact the Helpdesk so that we can get it set up for you.
How to Customize and Schedule a Bitdefender Scan
By default, IT Freedom sets Bitdefender to run a weekly scan on your computer. However, if you feel that you've been exposed to something potentially harmful and want to run a scan immediately, you can do so by following these instructions.
- First, open Bitdefender. (If you have a Windows computer, you can type "Bitdefender" into the search bar in the start menu. For Macs, you can simply press command and the spacebar and type in "Bitdefender".)
- Click Modules, then click Protection and click Manage Scans.
- In the "Manage Scan Tasks" window click New Custom Scan.
- You will now set various options to customize your scan:
- You can Schedule the scan to run immediately or at a certain time every day/week/month.
- You can choose your Scan Targets. These will be the files and folders you want the scan to check.
- The new scan you created should now appear in the "Manage Scan Tasks" window. Click Start Scan to run the scan.
Tip: You may also want to check out Bitdefender's helpful instructions about creating a custom scan. And as always do not hesitate to contact the IT Freedom Helpdesk, we are always happy to answer your questions!