Buddy Lists give you the ability to see when certain coworkers in the office are on the phone. When you add a colleague as a “Buddy”, your phone will display when she/he is on a call. This function is particularly handy for assistants, receptionists, or anyone who tends to transfer calls frequently.
How do I add a buddy?
- Press the Directories button (if your phone has one) or press Home and select Directories.
- Select Contact Directory.
- Press the Add key.
- Enter your buddy's First name (and Last name, if you wish). To move up and down in the menu, use the arrow keys.
- For Contact, enter the extension (for example, 7004).
- Scroll down until you see Watch Buddy: Disabled.
- Press the right or left arrow and change Watch Buddy to Enabled.
- Select Save, then Exit all the way out.
To add your colleague to your home screen as a Favorite:
- On many phones you may need to navigate back to Contact Directory. Select the contact you wish to edit. Select More, then Add to....
- Once you've added your buddy as a favorite, you should see a tab on the left side of the home screen with the name you set. It will display a specific icon when that phone is in use.
How can I tell when my "buddies" are on their phones?
A person icon next to your buddy indicates that their line is free. This icon will change to a circle with a horizontal line through it when your buddy is on a call.
How many buddies can I display on my home screen?
The number of buddies on your home screen depends on how many extensions are configured on your phone, as well as how many blank slots are left on the home screen.
If you need assistance with creating buddies or managing your buddy list, please get in touch with the Helpdesk!