Helpdesk Support Is Available! While you're welcome to take these steps on your own, our Helpdesk technicians will be happy to assist remotely or during our next on-site visit. If you'd like assistance please open a support ticket by calling (512) 419-0070 or by using our web form.
If you're running Mac OS and want to completely remove all files and folders installed by Symantec and Norton installers, you'll need to run a special tool created by Symantec. This tool is called RemoveSymantecMacFiles and you can follow these steps to run it:
- Once you've obtained RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip, double-click the file to unpack it. When that's complete, open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder.
- Double-click RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command. This will open a Terminal window.
- Type your Mac OS password (no characters will appear) in the Terminal window and press Return.
- If you're sure you want to remove all Symantec files, type 1 and press Return. If you'd like to exit, type 2 and press Return.
- Once the script has finished running, open the Terminal menu and select Quit Terminal.
- Restart your computer.