To set up Google sync on your iPhone or iPad, you need an Exchange account or a paid Google Apps account. If you're looking for instructions on how to add a gmail account to your Smartphone, Google offers instructions here.
- On the iOS device, go to the Settings app.
- Touch Mail and then tap Accounts.
- Touch Add Account.
- Touch Exchange.
- Enter your full email address and password and touch Next.
- In the Server field, enter m.google.com.
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- In the Username field, enter your full email address.
- The password should already be in the Password field. If not, enter it again and touch Next.
- If you see an error message saying "Invalid Password", you may need to unlock your account by solving a short CAPTCHA challenge-response test. Go to https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha to allow access.
- If you are a 2-Step Verification user, you should use an Application-specific password instead of a regular password in this field.
- Select the Google services you want to sync, such as Mail, Contacts, and Calendars, and touch Save.
|Alternatively, we recommend accessing Gmail with the Gmail app for iOS. This app gives you enhanced Gmail functionality on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. It's available for free from Apple's App Store.|