Many of our clients are surprised to learn that they do not need to purchase software to print to PDF in Windows. This is particularly true in Windows 10, which has a built-in print to PDF feature (from any application, choose File, then Print and select Print to Microsoft PDF).
If you're not running Windows 10 yet, you can still print to PDF using Google Chrome or Microsoft Office.
To print to PDF from Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu in the upper right of the program (3 stacked horizontal lines) and choose Print.
- In the Print dialog window, find Destination and click Change.
- Select Save as PDF and click Print.
To print to PDF from Microsoft Office:
- From the File tab, click Save As. Depending on your version of Office, you may need to choose a location and folder before you can see Save As.
- Enter a name for the file in the File Name box.
- From the Save as type list, choose PDF (*.pdf).
- Click Save.