A good way to keep your information safe on the Internet is to make sure your browser is up-to-date. You can check your browser version and update Google Chrome manually by following the steps below:
To check which version of Chrome you're using:
- Click the Chrome menu in the upper right corner (this button will look like 3 lines or dots ). Select Settings.
- A new tab will open. Click About, located on the left side of the tab.
- Chrome will display your version and indicate if the software is up-to-date or not.
To manually update Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (the button that looks like either or ).
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this option, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch. Chrome saves your open tabs and automatically reopens them when it restarts.