Google Calendar allows you to grant another user access to your calendar, including the ability to schedule and edit events. Follow these steps to delegate access to your calendar:
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click the gear in the upper right and select Settings.
- Click Calendars.
- Find your calendar and click Share this calendar or Shared: Edit settings.
- Under Share with specific people, enter the email address of the person you'd like to have access to your calendar.
- Click Add Person.
- In the drop-down menu under Permission Settings, select the level of access you'd like the delegate to have:
- See all event details allows the delegate to see all details, including location and attendees
- Make changes to events allows the delegate to add, modify, and delete events on your calendar
- Make changes AND manage sharing allows the delegate to add, modify, and delete events on your calendar as well as share the calendar with others
When your delegate creates an event on your calendar, the event will show up as Created by:<Delegate Name>. However, the invitations will come from your email address (you will be listed as the organizer and your delegate will be listed as the creator).