It's important to change your Windows password on a regular basis to keep your computer and network secure. See How to Create a Strong Password for more information.
To reset your password, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then click Change a password.
- Enter your current password, your new password (twice, to confirm) and then press Enter.
If your computer isn't connected to your organization's domain, do the following:
- Click Start and choose Settings.
- Select Accounts and then Sign-in options.
- Under Change your account password, click Change.
- Enter your current password and click Next.
- Enter your new password (twice, to confirm) along with a password hint, then select Next.
- Click Finish.