Setting a default account can help you avoid complications from having both your work and personal email accounts synced to your phone, such as sending emails from the wrong account, saving appointments to the wrong calendar, or having your contacts synced to the wrong destination. This article guides you through:
- Open the Settings app and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Scroll down to the Mail section and select Default Account.
- Select the account you'd like to send messages from by default.
Setting a default calendar on your phone can help ensure that appointments you set sync to the correct calendar on your computer.
- From the same Mail, Contacts, Calendars page as above, scroll down to the Calendar.
- Select Default Calendar and select the calendar where you'd like to save appointments by default.
- Staying on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars page, scroll up to Contacts.
- Select Default Account and choose the account where you'd like to save contacts by default.