There are several ways to add contacts in Outlook, this article covers:
- How to create a new contact
- How to add a contact from an email message
- How to add contacts from the Global Address List
- Click New Contact.
- Enter in the contact’s details.
- Click Save and Close.
- Open up an email from the sender you’d like to add as a contact.
- Right-click their email address and click Add to Contacts.
- Fill in their details in the new pop-up window. Click Save.
If you have a Microsoft Exchange Account, your default address book is usually your Global Address List.
- Open Outlook.
- Go to Contacts.
- From the ribbon, open Address Book.
- Ensure Global Address List is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Select the contacts you’d like to add.
- With the contact selected, right-click and choose Add to contacts.
This short video from Microsoft demonstrates how to add and save contacts: